Monday 4 June 2012

Disney Lessons

I grew up in the '90s, the heyday of Disney animation. I was a little blonde girl with dreams of finding my prince. I did chores and I had a step-father. In my eyes, this made me a real-life Cinderella. Cinderella was, and remains, my favourite Disney princess.


There are gems of advice scattered throughout the film:


 - "A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep."
No matter what superficialities you may think you want, your heart knows what it is you truly need.

- "No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, your dream will come true."
There may be hardships along the way, but don't give up on your dreams - keep working towards it despite the obstacles and you will achieve.

- "Even miracles take a little time."
Nothing happens overnight. Work and patience go a long way.

- "For with each day, she found new hope that someday, her dreams of happiness would come true."
 Don't give up on yourself.

And it's these phrases that, subconsciously, have given me hope and optimism for the future. Even if my prince doesn't come galloping round the corner in the forseeable future, I know that if I keep believing in myself and working towards achieving it, someday my dream - or a version of it - will come true.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is so cute!
    I love it!
    My favourite Disney gal is Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Still is. But I also love Pochahontas and Esmerelda.
    -Britney of Lemonwood and Honey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I also loved Ariel, and Pochahontas too.

      Delete

Your comments are welcomed; please join in and share your thoughts!